Assistant Media Buyer
Posting: Effective Immediately
118 W Parish St Suite 300 Durham, NC 27701
Esquire Media is a full-service marketing agency with an emphasis on technology development. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented minds in the industry to support the vast range of marketing needs for our clients. We are a company dedicated to providing creative marketing technology and analytic solutions to our clients businesses. It is the combination of these elements that allows us to build and sustain an engaged and happy workforce. We are proud of our outstanding retention record; our talented employees enjoy the work-life balance and close relationships with their colleagues and clients as primary reasons for joining our organization and growing their careers with us.
We are seeking an Assistant Media Buyer who loves the fast-paced, exciting world of advertising and enjoys being surrounded by smart, driven team members. They will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of advertising campaigns across various digital and traditional media outlets, including, but not limited to, television, radio, OOH, print, social media, display, native, and search for multiple local, regional and national accounts.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting in the purchasing of media in various markets including planning, negotiation, placement, and reconciliation while adhering to established budgets and timelines
- Effectively and judiciously develop and maintain an optimal media mix for our valued clients
- Ensure that schedules air/post accordingly
- Analyze internal and external performance reporting and adjust based on findings
- Develop pre/post buy analysis reporting
- Assist in the research and implementation of new media strategies and platforms
- Manage internal media forms, including advertising calendars
- General assistance in building media plans and client facing presentations on occasion
- Working collaboratively with all internal teams to successfully deliver advertising campaigns.
- Supporting all media buyers across channels as needed and requested by senior media buying staff.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 4 year degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the digital media landscape a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, with high proficiency in Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and people skills
- Working knowledge of direct marketing concepts, terminology, processes and metrics a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Participation in company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Opportunity to advance your career