Public Relations Manager
Posting: Effective Immediately
118 W Parish St Suite 300 Durham, NC 27701
Esquire Media is a full-service marketing agency with an emphasis on technology development. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented minds in the industry to support the vast range of marketing needs for our clients. We are a company dedicated to providing creative marketing technology and analytic solutions to our clients businesses. It is the combination of these elements that allows us to build and sustain an engaged and happy workforce. We are proud of our outstanding retention record; our talented employees enjoy the work-life balance and close relationships with their colleagues and clients as primary reasons for joining our organization and growing their careers with us.
The Esquire Media team is pushing the limits of what was traditionally thought possible in marketing and advertising. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented public relations professionals to help drive awareness to our company and the cutting edge technology we are developing.
- Public Relations Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to requests for information from the media.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writes press releases and prepares information for the media to promote clients.
- Plans or directs the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaches client reps in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Analyzes the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Maintains the organization’s image and identity.
- Drafts speeches and schedules interviews.
- Prepares and edits organizational materials, including employee newsletters and other publications for internal and external audiences.
- Updates and maintains the organization’s digital content.
- Collaborates with managers to identify trends and evaluate advertising to determine whether it is in sync with the organization’s public relation efforts.
Public Relations Qualifications / Skills:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of consumer marketing
- Ability to make media pitches
- Creative thinking
- Research skills
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Social media savvy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in public relations, journalism, communications, English, marketing or related field
- Experience in handling a press conference
- Internship experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Participation in company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Opportunity to advance your career